On My Birthday meme – 17th February
I was tagged for this meme by the lovely @Kateab who has set up a linky and hopes to get at least one post for all 366 days of the year. If you also do this meme (it’s open to everyone) please add your post to it and remember to mention the date of your birthday in the link title. It won’t matter if we get more than one post for the same date, the aim will be at least one post for each day on the calendar.
What you will have to do is answer questions about your birthday. If you don’t know where to look, the best way is to go to Wikpedia, type in your birthday in the search box and it will tell you all you ever want to know (and more) about your special day. Obviously, you can take what is said with a pinch of salt but it’s mostly correct. Another site I found useful was NNDB.
When is your birthday?
Pick three people who share your birthday and share what you know about them.
1. Barry Humphries – aka Dame Edna Everage
2. Billie Joe Armstrong – front man for Green Day
3. Wayne Morris – actor
Is anyone listed as being born on the same day as you (ie the same year)? If so, what do you know about them?
Wiki seems to think that no one other than ME was born on my birth date!
List three people who died on your birthday and tell us what you know about them.
1. Albert I - King of Belgium
2. Geronimo – the last Indian to surrender #goGeronimo
3. Christopher Scholes - typewriter inventor, QWERTY keyboard
List three notable events that took place on your birthday.
1. 1776 - 1st volume of Gibbon’s “Decline & Fall of Roman Empire” published
2. 1836 - HMS Beagle/Charles Darwin leaves Tasmania
3. 1969 - Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash record an album (never released)
Tell us about a holiday that falls on your birthday.
The closest thing I could find was an American Day: February 17 National Indian Pudding Day!
Consider yourselves tagged:
But do remember this is open to everyone so please have a go if you fancy it.